Adjunct Writing Professor
Academic and creative writing professor for Brigham Young University - Idaho, Rio Salado College, and Park University.Freelance work has been featured on ScaryMommy, New York Times blog, DIY MFA, Introvert, Dear, and more!
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCEBRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY – IDAHOAdjunct Writing Professor
Instruct Advanced Writing & Research (ENG 301) to undergraduate students in online-only format. Teach how to write personal credos, ethical dilemma essays, applications letters, technical reports, and academic research essays. Previously taught Basic Writing (ENG 106) and Life Skills (GS 120).
• Facilitate the online course through weekly announcements, substantial writing feedback, live Q&A Zoom meetings, and asynchronous thesis statement workshops.
• Maintain online course for deadlines, grading, and consistent communication.RIO SALADO COLLEGEOnline Creative Writing Professor
Instruct Introduction to Writing Fiction (CRW 170), Topics in Writing: Fiction (CRW 271), Creative Writing Portfolio (CRW 201), and Magazine Article Writing (ENG 235) to undergraduate students in online-only format. Teach the ins and outs of creative writing and magazine article writing with scenes, short stories, query letters, and articles. Redesigned several courses, working one-on-one with course designer, including ENG 235, CRW 170 (twice), and CRW 271 (twice).
• Facilitate the online course through announcements, substantial annotated feedback, and answering student questions.
• Maintain online course for deadlines, grading, and consistent communication.PARK UNIVERSITYAdjunct Writing Professor
Instructed First Year Writing Seminar (EN 105 and EN 106) to undergraduate students in hybrid format (60% in-person, 40% online). Created course syllabus, in-person class sessions, and guided students to improved academic writing with annotated bibliography research papers and more.
• Delivered in-person course lectures using visual technology, discussion, and individual work.
• Graded assignments and provided substantial annotated feedback.
• Worked one-on-one with students to achieve class writing goals.
• Maintained online course for deadlines, grading, communication, and announcements.EDUCATION• Doctorate in progress - Doctorate of Liberal Studies in English and Online Learning from The University of Memphis• Master of Liberal Studies in Arts and Culture and Creative Writing emphasis – University of Denver• Bachelor of Arts in English with a Creative Writing concentration and French minor – Brigham Young University – Idaho