Adjunct Writing Professor
Academic and creative writing professor for Brigham Young University - Idaho, Rio Salado College, and Park University.Freelance work has been featured on ScaryMommy, New York Times blog, DIY MFA, Introvert, Dear, and more!
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCEPARK UNIVERSITYAdjunct Writing Professor
Instruct First Year Writing Seminar (EN 105 and EN 106) to undergraduate students in hybrid format (60% in-person, 40% online). Create course syllabus, in-person class sessions, and guide students to improved academic writing with annotated bibliography research papers and more.
• Deliver in-person course lectures using visual technology, discussion, and individual work.
• Grade assignments and provide substantial annotated feedback.
• Work one-on-one with students to achieve class writing goals.
• Maintain online course for deadlines, grading, communication, and announcements.BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY – IDAHOAdjunct Writing Professor
Instruct Advanced Writing & Research (ENG 301) to undergraduate students in online-only format. Teach how to write personal credos, ethical dilemma essays, applications letters, technical reports, and academic research essays. Previously taught Basic Writing (ENG 106) and Life Skills (GS 120).
• Facilitate the online course through weekly announcements, substantial writing feedback, live Q&A Zoom meetings, and asynchronous thesis statement workshops.
• Maintain online course for deadlines, grading, and consistent communication.RIO SALADO COLLEGEOnline Creative Writing Professor
Instruct Introduction to Writing Fiction (CRW 170), Topics in Writing: Fiction (CRW 271), Creative Writing Portfolio (CRW 201), and Magazine Article Writing (ENG 235) to undergraduate students in online-only format. Teach the ins and outs of creative writing and magazine article writing with scenes, short stories, query letters, and articles. Redesigned several courses, working one-on-one with course designer, including ENG 235, CRW 170 (twice), and CRW 271 (twice).
• Facilitate the online course through announcements, substantial annotated feedback, and answering student questions.
• Maintain online course for deadlines, grading, and consistent communication.EDUCATION• Master of Liberal Studies in Arts and Culture and Creative Writing emphasis – University of Denver• Bachelor of Arts in English with a Creative Writing concentration and French minor – Brigham Young University – Idaho